To prepare for the Survey we reviewed the Position Statement from AORN.
- We've highlighted AORN's Position Statement 2018 for orientation training to capture how PeriopSim today supports the orientation curriculum
For the survey, we asked over 97 Perioperative professionals the following questions:
1) What is the most challenging thing to train a Perioperative RN or ST on?
2) What is the most time consuming thing to train a Perioperative RN or ST on?
3) Do they have a requirement for their Periop RNs to scrub?
4) What are the top priority outcomes they are currently working on at their facility?
This is what we learned:
- CURRICULUM IMPACT: 30+ clinical experience hours, 35+ experiences across general, laparoscopic, trauma, ortho, thoracic and 5 complete surgical procedures and 6+ hours of simulation for each learner training (Experience List Here)
- COMPETENCY EVALUATION: Independent quantitative competency evaluation of the following clinical skills: steps of a procedure, anticipating the surgeon, sharps safety, safe passing technique, maintaining sterile zone and instrumentation. (iPad Only)
- SIMULATION METHOD: Our iPad and VR simulations are 6x times faster than clinical where we take a 1 hour long procedure and the simulated clinical experience is 10 minutes. Confident and competent staff positively impacts team dynamics and retention.
- BUSINESS CASE: Customer ROI is being measured at 4-18x in time, cost and productivity for educators, preceptors and learners.